These pages provide a range of training resources for BioLayout Express3D. They have been designed to provide you with the information you need to get you started with network visualisation and analysis using this tool. We hope you find them useful.
Graphical & Computational Modelling of Biological Pathways
Filmed at The Roslin Institute, March 2015.
An Introduction Gene Expression Analysis using BioLayout Express3D
Filmed during a half-day training course held at The Roslin Institute, January 2015, aimed at training biologists with little or no experience of gene expression analysis the basics. Features 15 short films covering the background to data generation through to deriving meaning using network analysis.
- the basics of expression data analysis
- introduction to graph-based analysis
- introduction to BioLayout Express3D
- data import
- navigation of graphs
- graph analysis
- data export
A series of training videos that describe:
- How to download and launch BioLayout Express3D and system requirements for running the application.
- How to move around, rotate and zoom graphs in 2D and 3D environments.
- How to customise the appearance of nodes and edges and display labels.
- How to set visual preferences for background colour and node rendering.